Guide - Cut Protection Gloves
Finding solutions so that the gloves will fit well – while also protecting the hands from sharp edges and knife blades – is a true challenge. We have spent many years developing and refining materials that provide excellent cut protection, while ensuring that the gloves are flexible and comfortable to wear.
Cut-protection gloves are graded on a scale from A to F, with F being the highest level of protection. In recent years, we have been working hard on the development of new cut-protection materials, and have identified solutions that go beyond level F cut protection.
- We have adapted to meet the tough demands on production capacity of modern industry.
- We are working to achieve the best possible results in terms of fine motor ability and grip.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT CUT RESISTANCE LEVEL
We offer a wide range of cut protection gloves in each level of protection.
CUT PROTECTION GLOVES ARE GRADED ON A SCALE FROM A TO F IN EN 388:2016
The gloves are graded according to the test method TDM (ISO 13997)
- Cut level B: For handling small and sharp objects, resists at least 5 Newtons
- Cut level C: For extra protection against sharp objects, resists at least 10 Newtons
- Cut level D - F: high protection level, for handling sharp and heavy objects
- Cut level D resists at least 15 Newtons
- Cut level E resists at least 22 Newtons
- Cut level F resists at least 30 Newtons
CUT PROTECTION GLOVES WAS GRADED ON THE OLD SCALE FROM 3 TO 5 IN EN 388:2003
The gloves are graded using the test method called COUP. The COUP method is still used in EN 288:2016 but mainly for non cut resitant materials.
- Cut level 3: Medium level cut protection
- Cut level 4: High level cut protection
- Cut level 5: Highest level cut protection
WE USE INCREDIBLY STRONG FIBRES
CRF ® - CUT RESISTANT FIBER TECHNOLOGY
TEGERA ® CRF (Cut Resistant Fiber) Technology is designed to provide high dexterity and reliable cut protection. CRF ® provides the high-performance protection needed to keep your hands safe while ensuring superior finger sensitivity, durability and ergonomics.
DUPONT ™KEVLAR ® FIBER (COMBINES HEAT RESISTANCE AND CUT PROTECTION)
Kevlar ® fiber is an extremely lightweight and heat-resistant material.
DYNEEMA ® DIAMOND TECHNOLOGY – THE NEW GENERATION CUT PROTECTION FIBRE
The unique polymer used for Dyneema ® Diamond Technology gloves provides:
- Ultra thin cut resistant material
- High strength
- Cool-touch comfort
- High durability (abrasion and tear resistance)
DSM’s unique and patent-protected technology more than doubles the cut resistance of the yarn compared to the standard Dyneema ® fibers by spinning specially engineered microparticles into the polymer.
Provides thin, flexible and strong gloves with excellent functionality.
BIO-BASED DYNEEMA ® FIBER
The TEGERA ® 906 and 909 gloves are now made with a new Bio-based Dyneema ® fiber from DSM.
This is the first ever bio-based ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (HMPE) fiber. This innovation enables customers to reduce their carbon footprint.